This stable is part of Pennsbury Manor, country home of William Penn, founder of Pennsylvania. It was originally built in 1683. Penn's descendants sold the land in 1792 and there were several owners. By 1929 there was no trace of Pennsbury that surrvived above ground. Between 1933 and 1942 the PA Historical Commission reconstructed the plantation, his manor house, the outbuildings and landscape.