The Rose Garden ~ Baden Baden.
The Gönneranlage is situated on the Lichtenthaler Allee halfway between the town centre and Lichtenthal abbey. The park is an important example of the geometric style in gardening at the beginning of the 19th century. The garden was designed by Max Laeuger in 1909. A donation by the "coffee king" Hermann Sielcken, a rich businessman, paid for the new park on the right bank of the river Oos which was named after the former mayor of Baden-Baden. Originally a hedge garden, it has been planted with roses since 1952.