Wat Na Phrathat
The temple is located on Pra Nom Chak Sri-District, Amphur Muang, Singhburi Province. It used to be called Wat Sri Muang or Wat Hoa Muang until the reign of King Rama IV, was renamed to Wat Na hardhat. It is a believe that the temple was sited on the bank of Chak Sri Creek in an old Singh town.
The temple is lift on a high rectangular 43 x 116 meter mound. It consists of Prang as a main stupa with Vihara on the east and ordination hall on the west in the rectangular boundary walls. The Prang is decorated with Garuda on top of the Naga and Asura. There also are chides, halls, brick kiln and mortar sites scattered around the area.
Acording to the archaeological study, the temple was supposedly built before Ayutthaya era; 14 A.D. From time to time after that there were plenty of change in its architect, size and the arts. Until 17 A.D., there was an obstacle of its renovation because of the war.
Wat Na Phrathat was formally announced as a national heritage archaeological site on March 8, 1935. In 1999-2000, it was funded by the government fiscal budget to renovate around its site.
[taken from their introduction]