flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Finchley Road & Frognal station

(1955)

(2012)

  

The top photo shows an Up (eastbound) freight on the North London Line approaching Finchley Road & Frognal station pulled by a GER Class T77 steam locomotive, the lower photo shows a Class 378 Capitalstar heading to Stratford.

This photo from the 1970s shows how long the old platfrom used to be.

Finchley Road & Frognal station was opened in 1860 by the North London Railway (NLR).

Operation of the station, along with the whole line, was transferred to Transport for London (TfL) in 2007 and is now part of the London Overground network.

       

» Now and Then: Localities

» Now and Then: Film and Television

       

Top photo ©Copyright Ben Brooksbank and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

4,450 views
0 faves
3 comments
Taken on June 27, 2012