Old Black Lion
The Old Black Lion pub on West End Lane started off as a beerhouse in 1751, the present building dates from 1912. In the last few years there have been a few changes at this pub including the name. After being renamed the Rat & Carrot and painted a garish orange and green it then reverted briefly back to the Old Black Lion before becoming simply The Lion.
At the time of making this 'Now and Then' it was closed for refurbishment.