Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie
An adaptation of this recipe.
* 1 cup butter
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
* a handful of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the peanut butter chips. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Cool on wire racks.
They turned out tasty, but a bit softer and crumblier than I'd expected. John blames his oven, I blame the delay I had after I put in the baking soda, as well as having to put them into the container warm because I was running late. If I do them again, I'll use something other than peanut butter chips, since those weren't a hit with my hostess (although she obviously liked the cookies, since she ate around the chips!)