The Old Library in the West Chester State College Quadrangle Historic District in West Chester, PA (1904). The university library was originally housed in the Old Main building, but by the turn of the century, it had expanded to a point where a new building was necessary. The Old Library was the last serpentine building on the quad. Serpentine is an unusual stone that has a greenish hue, and is used in three of the remaining buildings on the quad. The building also housed the university museum, with a collection from the Chester County Historical Society and the Chester County Cabinet of the Natural Sciences. In 1947, the building was renamed in honor of Francis Harvey Green, who was chairman of the school's English Department for 30 years. When the new library was building in 1967, the old library was repurposed for classrooms and offices.