Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway share call of 1858 This is part of the www.railarchive.org.uk collection for further information please contact info(at)railarchive.org.uk
The Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway, authorised in 1857 and opened in 1859. The GNoSR agreed to work the line in 1863 and the railway was renamed the Banffshire Railway later the same year, amalgamating with the GNoSR in 1867.
As the GNoSR extended the Moray Firth coast line through to Elgin between 1884 and 1886, the Tillynaught - Banff section was worked as a branch line. It closed to passengers in 1964 and completely in 1968.