new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Dundee & Perth Railway large letterhead 1846 | by ian.dinmore
Back to photostream

Dundee & Perth Railway large letterhead 1846

The Dundee and Perth Railway Company expanded by leasing the Dundee and Newtyle line from 1846 and from 1848 leased the Dundee and Arbroath line. The same year the company was authorised by Parliament to change its name, and assumed the title of the Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Railway Junction Company. It was vested in the Scottish Central Railway in 1863, and the company was eventually dissolved and transferred to the Caledonian Railway in 1881, becoming part of the London, Midland and Scottish in 1923.

 

 

207 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on February 20, 2015