Derbyshire, Staffordshire & Worcestershire Junction Railway letterhead 1845
The Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Worcestershire Junction Railway Company was incorporated under act of 2nd July 1847.
The name of the company was altered under Cannock Mineral Railway Act of 14th August 1855 to Cannock Mineral Railway Company, though it was to remain and continue incorporated as under the act of 1847. By section 67 of the Cannock Mineral Railway Act of 14th August 1855, the company was empowered to sell, transfer or dispose of undertaking to London & North Western Railway Company with the sanction of the Board of Trade.
Under London & North Western Railway (New Works & Additional Powers) Act 12th July 1869, authority was given to London & North Western Railway Company within 12 months of the passing of the Act to create and issue to Cannock Mineral Railway proprietors shares or stock of the London & North Western Railway Company upon which Cannock Mineral Railway Company should be dissolved, except for purpose of winding up, and vested in London & North Western Railway Company.