Oswestry and Newtown Railway Waybill 1862 1
The Oswestry & Newtown Railway was authorised by Act of 26 June 1855 and was opened between Oswestry and Welshpool on 14 August 1860 and throughout on 10 June 1861. The O&NR agreed to allow the LNWR to run from Buttington Junction to Welshpool from the Shrewsbury & Welshpool Railway. This section of the O&NR was doubled in readiness for the opening of the S&WR on 27 January 1862. A further Act of 17 May 1861 authorised the Llanfyllin and Kerry branches. The Llanfyllin line opened on 10 April 1863 and the Kerry branch on 2 March for goods and 1 July for passengers the same year.