Banff, MacDuff and Turriff Junction Railway Director's report 1857
This railway was built to connect the coastal towns of Banff and Macduff with Aberdeen on the East coast of Scotland. It ran for 29 miles across the open Aberdeenshire countryside. The railway was opened as far as Turriff in 1857, then on to Gellymill, just outside Macduff, in 1860. It was finally taken into the town of Macduff itself in 1872.. The Banff, Macduff and Turriff Railway Company was absorbed into the Great North of Scotland Railway network in 1866. The lines were closed to passengers as early as 1951 and freight lingered on until 1966 when the lines were closed and lifted.