Aberdeen and Turriff Railway Director's report 1860
The Aberdeen and Banff Railway starts from the main line at Inveramsay, 20½ miles NW of Aberdeen. The southern part of it to Turriff (18 miles) was authorised on 15 June 1855,under the title of the Banff, Macduff, and Turriff Junction: was then designed to be extended North to Banff and Macduff: The line opened to Turriff, on 5 Sept. 1857: and took the name of the Aberdeen and Turriff Railway on 19 April 1859. The part from Turriff to Banff (11½ miles), authorised on 27 July 1857, under the name of the Banff, Macduff, and Turriff Extension, was opened on 4 June 1860, and was extended from Banff to Macduff (¼ mile) in 1872. The entire system has a total length of 29¾ miles, was incorporated with the Great North of Scotland on 30 July 1866: and is brought into a circle with it by the Banffshire Railway, extending south-westward from Banff harbour to Grange Junction.