new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Avonmouth Light Railway letterhead 1920 | by ian.dinmore
Back to photostream

Avonmouth Light Railway letterhead 1920

The Avonmouth Light Railway was a project of the Kingsweston estate owned by the squire of Kingsweston, Dr Philip Napier Miles. The line was to run from Shirehampton in Avonmouth to Henbury 5 miles West of Bristol on the GWR Bristol loop line, in the event only about half the line was built and acted more as a long siding about 2 miles in length. The Line was worked by the Great Western and Midland Joint Committee (as they took over the Clifton Extension Railway) with whom the line made a connection at Central Junction.. It was opened about 01 April 1908 (no proof can be found) and closed around 1931

1,090 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on November 22, 2013