Clouds in his eye
Class: Aves (Birds)
Body length: 18 to 22 inches (45 to 55 centimeters)
Wingspan: 47 to 56 inches (120 to 141 centimeters)
Weight: male—2.4 to 2.6 pounds (1.1 to 1.2 kilograms); female—2.8 to 3.3 pounds (1.3 to 1.5 kilograms)
Life span: 12 years in the wild; up to 29 years in zoos
Number of eggs laid:Vulnerable 2 to 3
Incubation: 30 days
Age of maturity: 1 to 2 years
Conservation status: lower risk
• The first red-tailed hawks were identified in Jamaica, West Indies. This is how the bird gets its species name, jamaicensis !
• Ferruginous hawks Buteo regalis and red-tailed hawks share the title of "largest hawks" in North America.
• While most birds have no sense of smell, some scientists believe that hawks may have some olfactory ability.
• Hawk eggshells are tinted green on the inside!
• The powerful cry of a red-tailed hawk is the same cry used in TV commercials depicting bald eagles. Advertisers feel the hawk's voice sounds more regal and eagle-like than the eagle's!
Here is where I found the info