View allAll Photos Tagged no+egg+christmas+recipes
REAL Egg shell is carefully selected for the best shell shape and smoothness. I use electrical drill to empty the egg, and then I use air pump to blow yolk out. Strong shell will survive prep work. Than its hand painted with hot beeswax, dyed and varnished.
find me on Etsy or Amazon or in my shop all under same name
with eggs like this. But if you could it would surely be the best omelette ever! And with Easter just around the corner (in the UK that means Christmas has been) there are plenty creme eggs around
Taken with one eye on the Macro Mondays group for 06/02/17 when the theme is simply "Egg". A nightmare theme - someone has to eat all the eggs used!
... was decorating our place with Christmas-go-Merry stuff... but then I had the urge.. for a brake....
THANK YOU everyone for your visits, comments and favs!
I appreciate your invites and awards very much!
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Use without permission is illegal.
I baked a loaf of Pumpkin Bread and over 9 dozen Christmas cookies this year and places these on a Christmas plate dated 1974 from my in-laws.
The cookies included Cherry Winks, Spritz, Chocolate Chip, M&M, Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Kiss Cherry Cookies.
In the background is my miniature Christmas tea set on placemat and napkins that hubby quilted.
This is the recipe for that one (it doesn't require any eggs) :
• Chocolate Kiss Cherry Cookies
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Liquid
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
4 Drops red food coloring
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped
48 Milk Chocolate Candy Kisses
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid, extract and food coloring in a mixing bowl.
Add flour and salt.
Stir in the cherries.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and press a candy kiss into the top of each cookie.
YIELD: 48 cookies
I was delighted to find the Christmas Cassia in full bloom in my Florida garden. Cassia is the host plant for my sulphur butterflies. It's hard to tell the flowers from the hovering bright- yellow female sulphurs busily laying their eggs on the leaves and right in the heart of the blossoms.
The caterpillars will take their color from either - some are bright yellow, but when the blossoms die they simply move on to the leaves and turn florescent green. I will bring some of the caterpillars (pupa) inside and raise them in my terrarium to protect them from their many predators.
I've always found these blossoms (cassia bicapsularis) among the most architecturally interesting of plants.
I confess I am not sure if this is the same squirrel or several.....I think there was a mom and a baby...but I decided to name him/her/them "Whiskers". i think they would make a fun calendar if I can force myself to take the time to make one. Just organized some that were already on flckr but I would have to find and re-edit all the originals...sounds like work LOL
Merry Christmas everyone!
Thank you to www.thecoffeeshopblog.com for the frame.
To whom it may concern. I leave tomorrow for Ireland. The details of this year's trip are secret of course, but trust me when i tell you that it will be dangerous. So i am posting a copy of my Last Will in preparation for the unlikely possibility that my enemies penetrate my defenses and somehow overpower me. This would require a force of human or cybernetic soldiers existing well beyond the scope of the worlds wealthiest military entities. So please do not worry, I am writing this because my lawyers are demanding it. My Will is divided into two parts, the first being a list of individuals to whom certain belongings have been awarded, and the second describes the post-mortem procedures I wish to to be performed on my body after careful examination by a qualified physician.
If you once found your name honored among the list of disciples, there is no guarantee that it remains. If this is the case i recommend you engage in a serious re-evaluation of your life from the perspective of the wayward child, and seek approbation as soon as I return. If the situation is reversed and you previously went conspicuously unrewarded but now find yourself illuminated among the chosen, then you should know that this reward does not mean I am happy with you. I am, simply put, short of people who are not on my revenge list. I remind you, as always, that this will is little more than a prescient announcement of the collapse of civilization, since the economic and political structures of the world will more than likely implode after the news of my demise is leaked to the public. So in addition to my will, I have provided a short survival guide detailing how to live through and possibly prosper in the impending anarchy. I offer this to you as consolation for your loss... your loss of me.
Part 1. Distribution of goods
1. The Mediterranean Island Compound. Brendan and Jen. You get the island but not the weapons. You two have never fully committed to my vision of the future and therefore I can not trust you with the arsenal. I also suggest that you avoid the western peninsula, as this is where I keep the genetically enhanced snakes.
2. W.M.D.'s I had given these to Brian, but now I think Marty might better be suited for this. He will more than likely forget about them and consequently they will not be used. The secret storehouse will be mine when I return.*
3. Videos of me cage fighting. These were lynda's, but now they go to Orange and K8. Shirtless, sweaty and mercilessly hot.
4. What is left of my sperm/genetic documentation. This information was to be donated to the insurrectionist rebel movement know as "The Fist of Democracy", who were going to use the data to create the perfect warrior. But now I think i will have it cloned and donated to sperm banks across the country in such prodigious numbers as to statistically outnumber any other potential father 200 to 1. The people of the world will need as much of me as they can get.
5. The computer map of the neuro-pathways of my brain. My lawyers engaged in a lengthy battle with the US military to regain control of this complicated Bio-software. It would be a waste to give it to any of you. I demand that this model be plugged into a computer and powered indefinitely. You may refer to it when in need of answers about life, strategic operations, or connect four.
6. My surfboard. Ben you asked for this. The caveat is that you may never ride it. In fact, I demand that you never even learn to surf.
7. Brian and suzette, As an engagement present, I am transferring ownership of my diamond mine to you both. The only problem is, it is currently staffed with slave children stolen from nearby villages so this is kind of like leaving 1,500 starving, overworked babies on your doorstep.
8. Albert and Juliet, You have both entered my life with the speed and fury of a level three, pandemic tropical disease. The resultant social dependence dictates that I offer you a place in the council of my future reign*. This will of course require that you are both frozen. I have alerted my Cryonics division, and on your respective 30th birthdays' you will be forcefully put to sleep.
8. Erin. You get my nanotechnology lab in silicon valley. I predict that you will squander the massive profits acquired from this resource. You are bad with money. Therefore all money will be placed into a trust fund. You will not be able to access this money until you have given birth to three male children. After the birth of your third son, who must be named William you may receive it in full. The choice in fathers is left to your questionable judgment.
9. Aieghdeigkna. I have something for you this time. I got you a pocket Chinese translator. Actually, he is less pocket sized than you might like since he is now 13. His name is Ling. Feed him well.
10. Tom. You get the videotapes of my old truck sitting on the street. This is my most prized possession.
11. Meredith: you are now the owner of my bedding design factory in SE Asia. We have a lab there filled with tiny beds in which tiny monkeys sleep to test our new products.
12. Trevor mcnaab. Fuck off... I will strike at you even from the grave..
13. Jennifer H. You get the robot guarded penthouse on Central park west. The robots have been programmed to kill you on site. They are armed with weapons such as, laser beam eyes, machine gun arms, and the ability to crush and stop your useless future right out of metaphysical existence. good luck.
14. Michelle, as a wedding present to you and Murat I give you the Atlantic undersea base. We have had some trouble lately with our hyper intelligent dolphins so you will have a bit of cleanup work to do once you take it over. My scientists have been telling me that the dolphins won't do any work without listening to Tina Turner.
15. Neinke, You still get southern Europe. I never really liked it anyway. Just check in at the Hague to collect. Oh yeah, they may "resist" at first so see #2 above. I'm sure Marty will let you borrow them.
16. Bryson, I have been developing a secret weapon. The weapon is designed to pull the moon closer to the earth. Earth's gravity will eventually kick in and the two planetary bodies will collide. This information was of course something I hoped would never reach the public. In fact I kind of regret building it in the first place but I was out late one night and when i got home I was sort of drunk and I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time, sooo... anyway, it's yours.
19. Steph, You are going to be with me on this trip so it is likely that if someone tries to kill me, I will have used your body as a shield. I therefore can not envision a situation in which you will be alive if I am dead, so I am not leaving you anything.
20. Corrina, You are given the apartment. You earned it. You must however seal off my room, curate it and once a year allow visitors in for a modest price.
18. The cadre of assassins is yours Damian. After all, you helped me train them. I can think of no one I trust them with more than you. I would ask one favor though. Please kill Trevor with them. Oh and just in case please kill Brian Ferrier as well. Thanks buddy.
19. Eric, We share the same birthday. In many ways we are very similar. This has forced me as i am sure it has you, to question life from the standpoint of astrology, genetics, behaviorism, sociology, psychology etc. etc. These analysis's are done in search of an answer for why we are so much alike. We are both architects, we both see the world as contemplative outsiders and we are the two greatest dancers in the world. It is for this reason that i demand we share the same death day. You have little time (if any) before they find you, better start running.
20. Mike Wrobel, Jon, and the rest of the "Demons of North" , You get my motorcycle. If at all possible, could you please MAKE IT FUCKING WORK! If you can't I demand that it be set on fire and pushed into the east river because I am pretty sure that it will be more useful down there than it is up here.
21. Kielty. You are given rights to the autobiography I paid someone to write for me.
22. Maureen. You get the Monster truck factory.
23. Ellen and Ute, you are both given architecture. All of it. From every basswood model to every non-cementatious epoxy based exterior panel slab. It is all yours, but I should warn you that it doesn't do anyone any actual good no matter how many late nights you waste on it.
24. Pinky, you get my hotel/internet dogfood empire. It is a rough combo.
24.5 Andy, my collection of priceless gems is yours. You must first solve a puzzle though. Please be at Union square at exactly 3:40 on January 31st 2008 under the statue of General Marquis de Lafayette to receive your first clue. Bring a change of underwear and whatever weapons you have.
25. There is a note written at the bottom which should be mailed to the president of the United States upon official statement of my death given by a qualified physician. Please send it for me.
26. Mom, Dad, Brianna, Virginia, James, Bwendan, Patrick... fuck it
the whole Oberlin, Dowd, Koneche, Goggin, Reilley, Gallagher, Jarabak, Cligget,
Pattersonian Tribe. As a special gift to you, just for having been born with even a shadowy resemblance to my messianic genetic coding, I offer you a seat in my future ruling council.*
(You must of course arrange and pay for your own Cryogenic storage.)
Anyone who makes it back will also be given a free yogurt.
To everyone else. As stated above, I offer you the knowledge that your civilizations will probably collapse shortly after they learn of my demise and therefore in the ensuing chaos, my possessions will not be of great importance to those who have received them. Please see the survival guide below.. I look forward to my awakening.
* See below funeral procedures explaining all matters relating to future reign.
Part 2. Funeral and Interment procedures
It is my wish that the physical manifestation of my self (ie. my body) undergo the following series of ceremonial and medical procedures after an official statement of death given by a qualified physician.
If I am proven dead.
1. Please carefully remove my brain. Please carefully reinsert my brain into a robot. Make sure the robot is designed with extremely powerful weapons and make sure that I am VERY relaxed at the time of insertion. (we all know what happens when the brain wakes up in the new robot body and in a fit of anxiety kills the room full of doctors.) Monitor my behavior for any signs of abnormality and then leave me alone so i can get down to business. It might be a good idea not to load the weapons until this point. Just as a precaution.
2. It is my wish that the liquid in my body be removed and replaced
with a gelatinous nitrogen mixture capable maintaining it's non-Newtonian, solid state at temperatures well below freezing. I then would very much appreciate being frozen. This is of course only after my brain has been removed and inserted into the Robot-Death-Machine (ummm. don't call it that publicly) described above.
3. After my rule is sufficiently established, a minimum of 100 years of tyranny (again please keep these descriptions to yourselves) I probably will want a body again. Since I really haven't seen anyone on this earth as strikingly handsome as myself, I will most likely want my own. Hence the freezing.
That is it. I do not expect much. I do expect swift and zealous obedience. Remember loyalty purchases reward. Hopefully none of this will be necessary yet but you never know. Have a good week.
Letter to the president.
Dear mr president,
You are a puppet. Yes, sorry to have to tell it to you this way, but
you are nothing more than a figurehead who's policies and actions are the inevitable result of 60 years of armament build-up. When I return from the grave and peacefully rise to power, I look forward to sitting in your seat. Actually with my new robot body (you will see) I might have to install a much larger seat. In fact the white house of my rule will look slightly less neo-classical. The new architecture will have more of a shiny, stay-the-fuck-away, feel to it. Windows won't really be needed. All light will come from the fiber-optic treated exterior skin used to photo-voltaically power the hydrogen fuel cells and simultaneously light the sleek sexy interiors. These interiors will be occupied by models; beautiful ones in lingerie because I will have no need for a staff of weak-minded humans. My current brain, which is far superior to yours, will be augmented with state of the art processors upgraded weekly and funded with 1/3 of the world's countries' taxes. It will connected to a global network devoted to operating
the mechanical, electrical. political, and economic infrastructure of every city and suburb in the world. This will eliminate the need for a bureaucracy since I will run the entire planet myself, hence the models. They will be hot, mr. president. You are welcome to come visit occasionally. You can eat your puny-human foods, like egg sandwiches on a roll with cheese and sausage. You can have any delicious beverage you choose, it will be prepared by one of my beautiful sexy models!! We can discuss how similar my reign of terror is to your presidency, and if you get tired you can shut your brain down to take a nap while I communicate with the human colony on Z-Beta-Prime. So that is it. Hope to see you soon. The doctors will need to get me up and running quickly.
Ok, So if you are reading this then the world as you know it has ceased to function in a recognizable fashion. This could mean that your government has collapsed and the streets are occupied by mobs of shiv wielding looters. Or that the military, in response to what will have been referred to (i love to use pluperfect tense) as the greatest power vacuum in human history, has mobilized a coup. But whatever the case, it is certain that by now you have already killed your neighbor in an act of heroic self preservation. That's one down, 7 billion to go, because in your new world the only way to survive is to be the last one standing. This simple guide will provide the techniques and strategies that will keep you one step ahead of your post-apocalyptic competitors.
step one: mapping out your future.
there are two possible ways to survive in this new world and neither of them are pretty, but you will have to very quickly make your choice. You can either take a sedentary and consequently defensive approach, establishing a semi-permanent water source and agricultural life, or you can become a nomad scavenging, attacking and foraging whatever you come across. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.
The sedentary approach, if employed successfully, will allow you to lead a life of moderate comfort while the nomadic system offers you the opportunity to plunder which is equally important. Below are some simple rules to the establishment of both.
Sedentary Life Model
1. Do not wait for the dust of the apocalypse to clear before you join or start a settlement of humans. it is unadvisable to live in a fixed location outside the protection of a tribe or band. Those stationary few who shun the sheltered settlements in favor of isolation, will probably be forced to watch their families die at the hands of wandering raiding parties. This is usually just before being left for dead in a nuclear wasteland (if you are part of the raiding party, It should be noted that the people you leave alive tend to survive and seek revenge so be thorough and just kill them). Therefore, quickly seek out other survivors for defense and, if you have the courage, establish your role as leader.
2. Gather healthy people and valuables quickly. The strength of a society is dependant on the strength of it's citizens. Leave the old, sick, weak and injured behind. don't hesitate to remove their food, clothing and useful items as you do so. If they resist, kill them. In your world of violent resource acquisition young men and women between the ages of 16 and 30 are critical for the establishment of a well defended civilization. In the beginning these men and women will be used as farmers, builders and laborers as well as your fighting force. But soon, as your numbers grow, you will want to establish a professional military fed by the labor of the civilians. Never let this military forget who is in control. It is advised that you kill some of them in hand to hand combat duels about once a month just as a reminder.
3. Find a scientist. This can not be stressed enough. You will need a brain to your organizational brawn. In fact, find as many as possible but let us clarify the term scientist. We are not looking for meteorologists, microbiologists, agronomists, ethologists, cytologists sociologist, ect. Nor are we seeking any academic fields dependant on technologically expensive equipment. We need scientists of a practical nature. Like physicists, chemists, geologists, epidemiologists and this is the big one here, doctors, doctors, doctors. holy shit are these guys going to be cooler than they ever thought possible. You should keep them protected, give them immunity from your heavy handed legal system, shelter them and provide them with as much sex as they can handle. Their children will probably be just as valuable as they are.
4. Laws. step one, kill the lawyers, they will wrestle your newly acquired power away from you the first chance they get. Step two. establish a fighting arena to settle internal disputes because justice is best served at the hands of the individuals. Step three. establish a police force. Step four, remember that it is good to kill the troublemakers before they reach maturity. At the first sign of insurrection kill the troublemakers and his/her family. Kids love to grow up seeking revenge so don't give them the opportunity.
5. Stronghold. stronghold. stronghold. You need to keep your people and your food protected from your enemies. Caves are a good natural defense structure. If you don't have caves build walls. anyone who knows how to build, has a duty to work on your stronghold and palace ASAP. those who resist should quickly find themselves subjugated to waste management duty or thrown outside the protection of the camp.
6. Escape route. ALWAYS have a back-up plan. keep a hidden stash of food, weapons and clothing in a well fortified location far away from your settlement. If possible store enough provision to supply the minimum number of people you will need for a fresh start. If and when you are attacked and overrun take your best officers and their families with you to the new secret base. If necessary, use the lives of those subjects about whom you do not care as barter for your escape. Just make sure your conquerors don't follow.
Additional tips and helpful hints for the sedentary survivors.
try to keep as many skulls and disarticulated corpse parts staked or mounted around the perimeter of your encampment. This intimidates both the advancing raiding parties as well as any who might try to escape. Remember, signs and other nonverbal communication techniques might not work since few will know how to read. Since they won't be of much use to you, I suggest using the graphic designers of this world as your corpses.
Don't be too greedy. This applies to all levels of your life. Your new subjects might not appreciate your rule if they feel like you are going to swoop in any second and take their food or their women.
For some reason, children are relatively important to their parents, so try not to hurt them if possible, it breeds dissention.
Nomadic Life Model
The nomad is a hearty and healthy individual who has shunned the comforts of daily life in exchange for mobility and efficiency of resource collection. The nomad's life is an equation in search or balance. It is quite literally, an economy of means. One must travel light between water and food sources but never so light as to run short of supplies. The company of others is critical for survival, but never let your band expand large enough to outgrow your foraging intake. The successful nomad is constantly aware of his/her environment and never questions or challenges nature's wrath. The lack of shelter and protection from the elements is the Nomad's greatest enemy and the fight against this can only be fought with knowledge of your terrain. Use the rules below to help establish a working band of nomadic forgers.
1. Since this world will most likely be a barren wasteland of infertile soil, The foraging of the future will be based largely, if not exclusively, on the destruction of established settlements and the subsequent stripping of what few crops and storehouses they have. This will mean your foraging band (war party) will need to be fierce enough to attack and destabilize whatever strongholds you encounter. You will also require some method of transporting your spoils.
2. Find a vehicle. Even better than vehicles are pack animals. They provide companionship, Do not require gasoline or combustible fuel, and they can be used as an emergency food source.
3. Gather strong and healthy people to your group. Keep in mind that for every person you pick up you will need to acquire an equal amount in provisions during the raids. This can be a problem unless you have some resource wealthy targets within striking distance. At every conquered settlement it is advised to conscript new warriors from the young if needed.
4. Do not keep a fixed position for too long. Once you overrun a fortification, stay as long as it takes to re-supply and recoup from your attack then pack up and leave. Don't forget to arm yourself with as many weapons as are available. If you linger, you are open to retaliation from satellite camps, scavengers looking to capitalize on your work, and worse, rebellion from the conquered. Since it is not good to leave angry victims in your flank, you should kill anyone who might cause trouble before you advance.
5. Establish a code of law. Don't get too fancy here. Just pick some catch phrase that can be shouted by the masses but still allows sufficient room for your subjective interpretation. Just so the people know who is in charge make sure to slap your name on it. Something like "williams code, . An enemy of your brother is your enemy too. b. Stealing from your brother is stealing from the people! " Something like that. keep it simple. remember, there is no prison when you are on the move and resources are too scarce to justify mercy. Therefore, the penalty for all indiscretions should be death.
Get a harem, you need to procreate prolifically.
Never miss an opportunity to attack. This is true even if you are outnumbered. Your enemies need to fear you more than you need your warriors.
Send the heads of your victims on a cart or a wagon to your next target just to let them know you're coming.
So that should do it. I recommend you keep this guide on you at all times during my trip because if something does go wrong and I don't make it, this may very well be the only possession you have left.
Also seen in the Chicagoist:
close up of red squirrel in a rusty lantern with eggs and another outside standing in snow
Leaffooted Bug Nymph
This is the last time I got photos of this guy. He disappeared.
See him develop in his egg in my insect eggs set. He was found on a poinsettia leaf. That is why I called it a Christmas egg.
I also posted an adult leaffooted bug to show you what he might look like when he gets big.
I wish I was. Still got loads to do. At least all of the presents are wrapped. That's pretty organised for me.
Eat up the eggs of dada!
Alas, we have entered the five day countdown to Christmas; what a beautiful thing!
I am thoroughly looking forward to my week off from work next week. A little freedom from work isn't a bad thing now and then, is it? On that note, work is going great! Things are progressing nicely, and a lot of things needing to get done are getting done. I'm in a good place, with good company. I love my job even more now than when I started.
I am due for a haircut in a short while. My hair is still a tolerable length. I normally have relatively short hair, but as soon as this cold weather spree began a month or two ago, I've instead opted to not cut my hair for the sake of keeping my head nice n' toasty. It's been about two months since my last cut ... and I don't think I can make it to three months without getting a trim. It's a weird feeling, having a longer hair for a change. Haven't had hair this long since the beginning of my college years.
Ah, and later this week, before Christmas of course, I will be going to see the Christmas in the Park, in San Jose. It should be a lot of fun.
This will likely be my last upload before Christmas, maybe even the year (Good-bye 2011, Hello, 2012!). Should this be the case, I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas. Hanukah. Kwanzaa. Whatever it is, just have a great time.
And even if you by some chance do not celebrate Christmas, Hanukah, or Kwanzaa -take it easy on the ginger spice egg nog. Do be generous with those cups of piping hot bokeh though.
Lighting: All Natty
Enjoying a festive beverage of egg nog with cinnamon. I am skipping the calorie counting these past few days (ok, make it this past month!). It is Christmas time...a time to eat, drink and be merry!!!! *gulp, gulp*
So imagine your sitting there waiting to pick someone up and you look over and see this...!!!!!! I about peed myself at first sight ! Rumor has it that this has been up since Halloween and the residents were too lazy to take it down so they just dressed it up for Christmas instead! bahahaha...
Warning you don't want to view large cos it looks like a huge pile of poop ! bahaha
Oh and how bout those ORANGE eyes....Eeeekkkkkkkkkkk !!!
this sandwich is a tradition started by my Mom many years ago..........it has over a dozen ingredients......the entire family helps, it's like a production line as we decorate at least 25 -30 of them....THEN eat them (not all at once..) but I did have one for breakfast today......:))
It's only once a year.......so why not....:))
Here are the ingredients :
1) bread ( with butter )
2) salami ( 3 types )
3) ham ( 2 types )
6) caper ( cooked & pickled flower buds )
8) egg (boiled & sliced)
10) lox (smoked salmon)
11) cheese ( 2 types )
13) crab pate
14) salmon pate
15) mayo ( placed across when you eat it )
Beer is optional.......
DO YOU WANT SOME....???
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Use without permission is illegal.
I have been baking these Cherry Wink cookies for many years now as they are a family favorite.
Please view in lightbox ~
2 2/3 cups Corn Flakes cereal
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
1 cup chopped nuts *
1 cup finely cut, pitted dates *
1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
15 maraschino cherries, cut into quarters
• * optional
Measure Corn Flakes cereal and crush into 1 1/3 cups.
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Stir in milk and vanilla.
Add flour mixture gradually.
Mix until well combined.
Stir in chopped nuts, dates and cherries.
Portion dough using level measuring tablespoon.
Shape into balls.
Roll in crushed Corn Flakes cereal.
Place about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
Top each with a cherry quarter.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove immediately from baking sheets.
Cool on wire racks.
YIELD: 5 dozen.
Would you look at that, Christmas AND Easter came early.
These cars are actually in order of nicest to ugliest.
Just some of the fresh eggs from our beautiful chickens.
SILVER Medalist - DTC FREQUENT VOTER REWARD: Lynnette_Henderson Admin's Choice Contest - 2009. Color Photo Award - PREMIER.
Merry christmas to you my dear friends, I hope many of you are very busy this days spending a lot of time at the kitchen, celebrating with friends just like I was yesterday at a friend´s place! His kitchen is a D-R-E-A-M....isn´t it?
Seen on explore Dic 19, 2011 #361
2 days before Christmas....
the joy of baking gingerbread men! : D
Remote SB 900 gelled with a 1/2 cut CTO, 1/6 manual power at camera left. Nikon CLS.
1/100s @ f8. ISO 200.
Texture by Paree Erica
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."
I got from my boyfriend a Adventcalender from Kinder - every day there is a little suprise egg inside. Today Danbo found one and he couldn't resist :)
Hiddles wants to know who'd like to share an egg nog with him this Christmas.
Fold funny origami Toy Eggs either for Christmas or Easter!
There are small Toy Eggs and the Large Toy Eggs a la Fabergé, designed and folded by Yuri and Katrin Shumakov.
They are total fun to fold :-) Each egg folds from one rectangle of paper, no glue or cuts. Use some fancy paper or recycle some magazine pages to get appropriate mood for Easter. Happy folding!
Slight texture/painterly effect via Alien Skin Snap Art II Impasto
The decorating part of Christmas is one of the fun parts of Christmas. Probably because I let my wife decorate a lot of the stuff while I drink wine, egg-nog, scotch, whatever, and snap pictures like a lunatic. The quest for great pictures leads me to do embarrassing things, like try to crawl up inside the fake tree and roost there like some nog-drunk turtledove, trying to get a macro shot of this ornament or that blinky light. It's sad, I know. But damnit if it ain't fun.
This one sat around for a year in my "to post" folder... and now I'm actually late in sharing it (due to relevant Christmas tree bokeh).
Image made with my Nikon F100.
close up of red squirrel in a rusty lantern with eggs standing in snow
Wishing all my flickr friends a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May you find peace and joy with family, friends, and festive holiday celebrations.
This trumpeter swan family was photographed from a canoe we rented at Byers Lake Alaska. Photo was cropped from the original.
fws.gov: In the early 1900s, the trumpeter was hunted nearly to extinction for its skin, feathers, meat, and eggs. Passage of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 gave protection to trumpeter swans and other birds and helped curb illegal killing.
In 1932, fewer than 70 trumpeters were known to exist worldwide, at a location near Yellowstone National Park. This led to the establishment of Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge in 1935. Red Rock Lakes is located in Montana's Centennial Valley and is part of the Greater Yellowstone ecosystem. Nearly half of the known trumpeter swans in 1932 were found in this area. The area's system of hot springs provides year-round open waters where trumpeters, as well as other wildlife, find food and cover even in the coldest weather.
Over the years, the Red Rock Lakes refuge flock served as an important source of breeding birds for reintroduction efforts in other parts of the country, primarily on other national wildlife refuges in the Midwest.
In the early 1950s, a fairly large, previously unknown population of trumpeter swans was discovered in Alaska. Today, estimates show about 16,000 trumpeter swans reside in North America, including some 13,000 in Alaska; more than 1,600 in Canada; about 500 in the Midwest; and more than 500 in the tri-state area of Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana (including the Red Rock Lakes refuge flock).
Hello flickr friends. I decided to share a cheesecake treat that I made for our Christmas potluck at work last night... it is so good, and so easy to make. (and) I don't even like cheesecake. But I love these... and you can plan on them disappearing fast. So make at least two batches.
2 packages(8oz) of Cream Cheese
1/2 cup of Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
Fruit Pie Filling(cherry, blueberry, etc.)
Mix cheese(softened) and sugar on medium until well blended... then add eggs and vanilla.
Place one "Nilla Wafer" cookie in the bottom of each cupcake foil. Then fill 3/4 of the cup with mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
Once the tarts are completely cooled(chilled). Top with your favorite fruit pie filling. Cherry and blueberry work very well.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. We are having a Christmas Eve dinner party tonight with an assortment of dishes like Red Beef Enchiladas, Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Suiza, Mexican Fruit Punch. Apple Pecan Salad, Pistachio Marshmallow Pudding, Italian Pasta Salad, Cuban Bread, Smoked Salmon, Smoked Cheeses, Deviled Eggs, Candies, Chocolates, Cookies, Roasted Peanuts, Green Olives, Celery Sticks and Pickled Jalepenos! Sounds fun, right? I'd better get busy...
...Coffee black and egg white
Pull me out from inside
I am ready
I am ready
I am ready"
Today I missed school on accident. Read my description on my last photo for more info.
I'm not quite sure why there was school today, people where posting, saying how they crashed umpteen times on the way to school. I'm glad I didn't go.
I'm getting my own camera :D
It's a used Canon 10D.
It's not much, but it is going to mean the world to me, that I have my own.
Family troubles today :/
Enjoy your life :D
The only lights used were the one you see.
Day 9 of 365