new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
View allAll Photos Tagged franciszkanie

The church dedicated to the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary was founded by the burghers of Kazimierz: Bartłomiej and Mikołaj Przybyłów and his consecration took place in August 1591. In 1627, the Franciscans - reformers settled at the temple, gradually enlarging the temple and adding a monastery. The monastery complex was severely damaged by a fire in 1827. After rebuilding, the temple received many features typical of classicism. In 1865, the monastery was closed by the tsarist authorities for help in the January Uprising. They returned to Kazimierz Dolny in 1928.

In the main altar of the church there is an image of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, painted oil on a wooden board in 1600. Honored for a long time as famous grace, he was decorated with a papal crown in August 1986.

The church is situated on a picturesque hill, from which there is a beautiful view of the city with the parish church and hills with the ruins of the castle.

-

Kościół pod wezwaniem Zwiastowania Najświętszej Maryi Panny został ufundowany przez mieszczan kazimierskich: Bartłomieja i Mikołaja Przybyłów a jego konsekracja nastąpiła w sierpniu 1591 roku. W 1627 przy tej świątyni osiedlili się franciszkanie-reformaci, którzy powiększyli stopniowo świątynię i dobudowali klasztor. Zespół klasztorny został poważnie uszkodzony przez pożar w 1827 roku. Po odbudowaniu świątynia otrzymała wiele cech typowych dla klasycyzmu. W 1865 roku klasztor został zamknięty, przez władze carskie za pomoc w Powstaniu Styczniowym. Do Kazimierza Dolnego zakonnicy powrócili w 1928 roku.

W ołtarzu głównym kościoła znajduje się obraz Zwiastowania Najświętszej Maryi Panny, namalowany olejno na desce w 1600 roku. Czczony od dawna jako łaskami słynący, został ozdobiony koroną papieską w sierpniu 1986 roku.

Kościół jest położony na malowniczym wzgórzu, z którego roztacza się piękny widok miasta z farą i wzgórza z ruinami zamku.

St. Francis of Assisi Church in Kraków.

 

The Franciscans came to Kraków as early as 1237. Almost all of them had known St. Francis who died nine years earlier.

St. Francis of Assisi Church built in the years 1237-1269 was founded by Prince Henry the Pious and it was one of the first brick constructions in Krakow. Now the most authentic part of the church is the northern elevation of the transept, surviving almost intact in its 13th century form. The stocky proportions of the transept facade show the spirit of the early phase of Gothic. The arcaded moulded-brick frieze adorning the gable is a dircet borrowing from Lombardian architecture. The straight wall of the presbytery was replaced by a three-sided apse in the 15th century.

A place of special beauty are the Gothic cloisters surrounding the rectangular viridarium, dating mostly from the first half of the 15th. century.

In 1850 the church and monastery went up in flames of The Great Fire, the same fire which destroyed the interiors of the Dominicans. The reconstruction took several dozen years. But this unfortunate event gave occasion to another extraordinary meeting of styles: the interior was redecorated in Art Nouveau style by the famous Polish artist Stanisław Wyspiański who designed not only the murals that cover the interior of the church, but also the marvellous stained glass windows. Most famous is the huge 'Let it Be', which stands above the Western facade and shows God in the act of creation.

Taken by WR

 

Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church. Kalisz, Poland.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

ポーランド、カリシュ市の聖スタニスワフ司教教会。通称 フランシスコ会教会。(ローマカトリック教会)

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

With the view of the Franciscan monastery building.

前とは反対側、プロスナ川のTrybunalski橋からの眺め。手前はフランシスコ会の修道院になっています。

 

"[...]

The Kalisz monastery is the oldest Franciscan convent in Wielkopolska. It was built in 1257 and funded by Duke Boleslaus the Pious and his wife, Blessed Jolenta. The presbytery and neighbouring chapel have whatever vestiges survive from those times. The three-nave body was probably added to the presbytery in the 2nd half of the 13th century. The church was given its final shape at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The oldest, western, wing of the monastery was also built at this time. The building was seriously damaged by fire in 1537 and 1559. Due to financial problems, reconstruction only began at the end of the 16th century and was not completed until 1632. The work was supervised by Italian architect Albin Fontana from the beginning of the 1620s. The body of the church was covered with new vaults, which were then decorated in late-renaissance stucco in 1623. The extension of the monastery began in 1637.

The Prussians expelled the monks and moved them to a Canons Regular monastery in 1798. The monastery was converted into a prison and substantially rebuilt. The Franciscans made use of part of the building during the time of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. The prison was only closed in 1858. The Russian authorities moved monks from liquidated Franciscan convents into the Kalisz monastery in 1864. The monastery was eventually closed in 1902. The Franciscans returned in 1918 and again in 1945. The church was thoroughly renovated several times during the 19th and 20thcenturies.

[...]"

See: regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2019.01.14].

Sklepienie nawy głównej w kościele św. Franciszka z Asyżu w Krakowie.

Franciszkanie przybyli do Krakowa w roku 1237, a ich kościół, ufundowany przez Henryka Pobożnego wzniesiono w latach 1237-1269. Była to jedna z pierwszych konstrukcji z cegły, wybudowanych w mieście. Dziś reliktem tej budowli jest północna elewacja transeptu, która od XIII wieku nie uległa niemal żadnym zmianom.

Szczególnym pięknym miejscem świątyni są gotyckie krużganki otaczające wirydaż, pochodzące z pierwszej połowy XV wieku.

Wielki pożar Krakowa w roku 1850 nie oszczędził kościoła i klasztoru franciszkanów, których wnętrza uległy dużym zniszczeniom. Restauracja świątyni zajęła kilkadziesiąt lat i dała okazję do niezwykłego mariażu dwóch styli: gotyku i secesji. Dekoracją kościelnego wnętrza zajął się Stanisław Wyspiański, tworząc imponującą polichromię i słynne witraże.

 

* * *

 

The ceiling of the nave in the St. Francis of Assisi Church in Kraków.

The Franciscans came to Kraków as early as 1237. The Church St. Francis of Assisi built in the years 1237-1269 was founded by Prince Henry II the Pious and it was one of the first brick constructions in Krakow. Now the most authentic part of the church is the northern elevation of the transept, surviving almost intact in its 13th century form.

A place of special beauty in the temple are the Gothic cloisters surrounding the rectangular viridarium, dating mostly from the first half of the 15th century.

In 1850 the church and monastery went up in flames of The Great Fire of Krakow, the same fire which destroyed the interiors of the Dominicans. The reconstruction took several dozen years. But this unfortunate event gave occasion to extraordinary meeting of styles: the interior was redecorated in Art Nouveau style by the famous Polish artist Stanisław Wyspiański who designed not only the murals that cover the interior of the church, but also the marvellous stained glass windows.

 

stained glass showing the God; by Stanisław Wyspiański - renowned Polish artist (1869-1907), church of St. Francis of Assisi; Cracow; Poland

Kościół klasztorny św. Anny Samotrzeciej, Góra Świętej Anny, 4 listopada 2014 r.

Góra Świętej Anny to wzniesienie o wysokości 408 m n.p.m. Na jego szczycie i stokach znajduje się wieś o tej samej nazwie. Od 1480 r. istniał tu kościół św. Jerzego, w XVII w. przeniesiono do niego rzeźbę św. Anny Samotrzeciej z Ujazdu, zmieniając jednocześnie patrona kościoła na św. Annę. W tym czasie przybyli franciszkanie, którzy zbudowali tu swój klasztor oraz nowy barokowy kościół. Na początku XVIII w. wokół klasztoru powstały kaplice kalwaryjne, a klasztor stał się celem pielgrzymek.

**

Monastery church of St. Anne, Góra Świętej Anny, November 4, 2014

St. Anne's Mountain (Góra Świętej Anny) is a 408 metre hill. On its top and slopes there is a village with the same name. Since 1480 a church of St. George existed here, where in the 17th century a statue of St. Anne with Virgin Mary and Child was moved here from Ujazd which was a cause for changing a patron of the church to St. Anne. In that time franciscan monks arrived, they built their monastery and a new Baroque church. In the early 18th century around the monastery calvary chapels were built around the monastery drawing pilgrims until today.

Taken by NR

 

Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church. Kalisz, Poland.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

ポーランド、カリシュ市の聖スタニスワフ司教教会。通称 フランシスコ会教会。(ローマカトリック教会)

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

魚のついたドア。後ろの礼拝堂でいつでもお祈りできるように開けてあります。

 

"[...]

The Kalisz monastery is the oldest Franciscan convent in Wielkopolska. It was built in 1257 and funded by Duke Boleslaus the Pious and his wife, Blessed Jolenta. The presbytery and neighbouring chapel have whatever vestiges survive from those times. The three-nave body was probably added to the presbytery in the 2nd half of the 13th century. The church was given its final shape at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The oldest, western, wing of the monastery was also built at this time. The building was seriously damaged by fire in 1537 and 1559. Due to financial problems, reconstruction only began at the end of the 16th century and was not completed until 1632. The work was supervised by Italian architect Albin Fontana from the beginning of the 1620s. The body of the church was covered with new vaults, which were then decorated in late-renaissance stucco in 1623. The extension of the monastery began in 1637.

The Prussians expelled the monks and moved them to a Canons Regular monastery in 1798. The monastery was converted into a prison and substantially rebuilt. The Franciscans made use of part of the building during the time of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. The prison was only closed in 1858. The Russian authorities moved monks from liquidated Franciscan convents into the Kalisz monastery in 1864. The monastery was eventually closed in 1902. The Franciscans returned in 1918 and again in 1945. The church was thoroughly renovated several times during the 19th and 20thcenturies.

[...]"

See: regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2019.01.14].

Taken by NR

 

PP: Exposure edited

 

Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church. Kalisz, Poland.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

ポーランド、カリシュ市の聖スタニスワフ司教教会。通称 フランシスコ会教会。(ローマカトリック教会)

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

前も似た写真をあげましたが、これは左の方の入口が見えます。後ろの礼拝堂でいつでもお祈りできるように開けてあります。

 

"[...]

The Kalisz monastery is the oldest Franciscan convent in Wielkopolska. It was built in 1257 and funded by Duke Boleslaus the Pious and his wife, Blessed Jolenta. The presbytery and neighbouring chapel have whatever vestiges survive from those times. The three-nave body was probably added to the presbytery in the 2nd half of the 13th century. The church was given its final shape at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The oldest, western, wing of the monastery was also built at this time. The building was seriously damaged by fire in 1537 and 1559. Due to financial problems, reconstruction only began at the end of the 16th century and was not completed until 1632. The work was supervised by Italian architect Albin Fontana from the beginning of the 1620s. The body of the church was covered with new vaults, which were then decorated in late-renaissance stucco in 1623. The extension of the monastery began in 1637.

The Prussians expelled the monks and moved them to a Canons Regular monastery in 1798. The monastery was converted into a prison and substantially rebuilt. The Franciscans made use of part of the building during the time of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. The prison was only closed in 1858. The Russian authorities moved monks from liquidated Franciscan convents into the Kalisz monastery in 1864. The monastery was eventually closed in 1902. The Franciscans returned in 1918 and again in 1945. The church was thoroughly renovated several times during the 19th and 20thcenturies.

[...]"

See: regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2019.01.14].

Taken by NR

 

Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church. Kalisz, Poland.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

ポーランド、カリシュ市の聖スタニスワフ司教教会。通称 フランシスコ会教会。(ローマカトリック教会)

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

ファサードの左下の古い煉瓦。中世のものは手造りで指の跡が残っていると言われます。

 

"[...]

The Kalisz monastery is the oldest Franciscan convent in Wielkopolska. It was built in 1257 and funded by Duke Boleslaus the Pious and his wife, Blessed Jolenta. The presbytery and neighbouring chapel have whatever vestiges survive from those times. The three-nave body was probably added to the presbytery in the 2nd half of the 13th century. The church was given its final shape at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The oldest, western, wing of the monastery was also built at this time. The building was seriously damaged by fire in 1537 and 1559. Due to financial problems, reconstruction only began at the end of the 16th century and was not completed until 1632. The work was supervised by Italian architect Albin Fontana from the beginning of the 1620s. The body of the church was covered with new vaults, which were then decorated in late-renaissance stucco in 1623. The extension of the monastery began in 1637.

The Prussians expelled the monks and moved them to a Canons Regular monastery in 1798. The monastery was converted into a prison and substantially rebuilt. The Franciscans made use of part of the building during the time of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. The prison was only closed in 1858. The Russian authorities moved monks from liquidated Franciscan convents into the Kalisz monastery in 1864. The monastery was eventually closed in 1902. The Franciscans returned in 1918 and again in 1945. The church was thoroughly renovated several times during the 19th and 20thcenturies.

[...]"

See: regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2019.01.14].

Taken by NR

 

Church: Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

 

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

The window is located by Kazimierzowska Street.

ポーランド、カリシュ市の聖スタニスワフ司教教会(通称 フランシスコ会教会) の窓

 

"[...]

The Kalisz monastery is the oldest Franciscan convent in Wielkopolska. It was built in 1257 and funded by Duke Boleslaus the Pious and his wife, Blessed Jolenta. The presbytery and neighbouring chapel have whatever vestiges survive from those times. The three-nave body was probably added to the presbytery in the 2nd half of the 13th century. The church was given its final shape at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The oldest, western, wing of the monastery was also built at this time. The building was seriously damaged by fire in 1537 and 1559. Due to financial problems, reconstruction only began at the end of the 16th century and was not completed until 1632. The work was supervised by Italian architect Albin Fontana from the beginning of the 1620s. The body of the church was covered with new vaults, which were then decorated in late-renaissance stucco in 1623. The extension of the monastery began in 1637.

The Prussians expelled the monks and moved them to a Canons Regular monastery in 1798. The monastery was converted into a prison and substantially rebuilt. The Franciscans made use of part of the building during the time of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. The prison was only closed in 1858. The Russian authorities moved monks from liquidated Franciscan convents into the Kalisz monastery in 1864. The monastery was eventually closed in 1902. The Franciscans returned in 1918 and again in 1945. The church was thoroughly renovated several times during the 19th and 20thcenturies.

[...]"

See: regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2019.01.14].

The polychromy by Stanisław Wyspiański (1869-1907) in the St. Francis of Assisi Church in Kraków.

 

The Franciscans came to Kraków as early as 1237. Almost all of them had known St. Francis who died nine years earlier.

St. Francis of Assisi Church built in the years 1237-1269 was founded by Prince Henry II the Pious and it was one of the first brick constructions in Krakow. Now the most authentic part of the church is the northern elevation of the transept, surviving almost intact in its 13th century form. The stocky proportions of the transept facade show the spirit of the early phase of Gothic. The arcaded moulded-brick frieze adorning the gable is a dircet borrowing from Lombardian architecture. The straight wall of the presbytery was replaced by a three-sided apse in the 15th. century.

A place of special beauty are the Gothic cloisters surrounding the rectangular viridarium, dating mostly from the first half of the 15th century.

In 1850 the church and monastery went up in flames of The Great Fire, the same fire which destroyed the interiors of the Dominicans. The reconstruction took several dozen years. But this unfortunate event gave occasion to another extraordinary meeting of styles: the interior was redecorated in Art Nouveau style by the famous Polish artist Stanisław Wyspiański who designed not only the murals that cover the interior of the church, but also the marvellous stained glass windows.

 

Stanisław Wyspiański (1869–1907) was a Polish playwright, painter and poet, as well as interior and furniture designer. A patriotic writer, he created a series of symbolic, national dramas within the artistic philosophy of the Young Poland Movement. Wyspiański was one of the most outstanding and multifaceted artists of his time in Europe. He successfully joined the trends of modernism with themes of the Polish folk tradition and Romantic history. Unofficially, he came to be known as the Fourth Polish Bard.

Wyspiański’s artistic output is very eclectic. Among dramas and poetry, one can find there views of Kraków (drawings, sketch-books, oil-paintings, pastel drawings), portraits and self-portraits, designs of stained glass windows and paintings, illustrations, graphic art, plans of furniture and interiors, development of Wawel.

More about Stanisław Wyspiański...

Taken by NR

 

Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church. Kalisz, Poland.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

ポーランド、カリシュ市の聖スタニスワフ司教教会。通称 フランシスコ会教会。(ローマカトリック教会)

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

本堂の方は修復作業中で入れませんでした。柵の隙間から撮ったものです。

 

"[...]

The Kalisz monastery is the oldest Franciscan convent in Wielkopolska. It was built in 1257 and funded by Duke Boleslaus the Pious and his wife, Blessed Jolenta. The presbytery and neighbouring chapel have whatever vestiges survive from those times. The three-nave body was probably added to the presbytery in the 2nd half of the 13th century. The church was given its final shape at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The oldest, western, wing of the monastery was also built at this time. The building was seriously damaged by fire in 1537 and 1559. Due to financial problems, reconstruction only began at the end of the 16th century and was not completed until 1632. The work was supervised by Italian architect Albin Fontana from the beginning of the 1620s. The body of the church was covered with new vaults, which were then decorated in late-renaissance stucco in 1623. The extension of the monastery began in 1637.

The Prussians expelled the monks and moved them to a Canons Regular monastery in 1798. The monastery was converted into a prison and substantially rebuilt. The Franciscans made use of part of the building during the time of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. The prison was only closed in 1858. The Russian authorities moved monks from liquidated Franciscan convents into the Kalisz monastery in 1864. The monastery was eventually closed in 1902. The Franciscans returned in 1918 and again in 1945. The church was thoroughly renovated several times during the 19th and 20thcenturies.

[...]"

See: regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2019.01.14].

Taken by NR

 

Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church. Kalisz, Poland.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

ポーランド、カリシュ市の聖スタニスワフ司教教会。通称 フランシスコ会教会。(ローマカトリック教会)

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

魚のついたドア。後ろの礼拝堂でいつでもお祈りできるように開けてあります。

 

"[...]

The Kalisz monastery is the oldest Franciscan convent in Wielkopolska. It was built in 1257 and funded by Duke Boleslaus the Pious and his wife, Blessed Jolenta. The presbytery and neighbouring chapel have whatever vestiges survive from those times. The three-nave body was probably added to the presbytery in the 2nd half of the 13th century. The church was given its final shape at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The oldest, western, wing of the monastery was also built at this time. The building was seriously damaged by fire in 1537 and 1559. Due to financial problems, reconstruction only began at the end of the 16th century and was not completed until 1632. The work was supervised by Italian architect Albin Fontana from the beginning of the 1620s. The body of the church was covered with new vaults, which were then decorated in late-renaissance stucco in 1623. The extension of the monastery began in 1637.

The Prussians expelled the monks and moved them to a Canons Regular monastery in 1798. The monastery was converted into a prison and substantially rebuilt. The Franciscans made use of part of the building during the time of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. The prison was only closed in 1858. The Russian authorities moved monks from liquidated Franciscan convents into the Kalisz monastery in 1864. The monastery was eventually closed in 1902. The Franciscans returned in 1918 and again in 1945. The church was thoroughly renovated several times during the 19th and 20thcenturies.

[...]"

See: regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2019.01.14].

The polychromy by Stanisław Wyspiański (1869-1907) in the St. Francis of Assisi Church in Kraków.

 

The Franciscans came to Kraków as early as 1237. Almost all of them had known St. Francis who died nine years earlier. St. Francis of Assisi Church built in the years 1237-1269 was founded by Prince Henry II the Pious and it was one of the first brick constructions in Krakow.

Now the most authentic part of the church is the northern elevation of the transept, surviving almost intact in its 13th century form. The stocky proportions of the transept facade show the spirit of the early phase of Gothic. The arcaded moulded-brick frieze adorning the gable is a dircet borrowing from Lombardian architecture. The straight wall of the presbytery was replaced by a three-sided apse in the 15th century.

A place of special beauty are the Gothic cloisters surrounding the rectangular viridarium, dating mostly from the first half of the 15th century.

In 1850 the church and monastery went up in flames of The Great Fire, the same fire which destroyed the interiors of the Dominicans. The reconstruction took several dozen years. But this unfortunate event gave occasion to another extraordinary meeting of styles: the interior was redecorated in Art Nouveau style by the famous Polish artist Stanisław Wyspiański who designed not only the murals that cover the interior of the church, but also the marvellous stained glass windows.

 

Stanisław Wyspiański (1869–1907) was a Polish playwright, painter and poet, as well as interior and furniture designer. A patriotic writer, he created a series of symbolic, national dramas within the artistic philosophy of the Young Poland Movement. Wyspiański was one of the most outstanding and multifaceted artists of his time in Europe. He successfully joined the trends of modernism with themes of the Polish folk tradition and Romantic history. Unofficially, he came to be known as the Fourth Polish Bard.

Wyspiański’s artistic output is very eclectic. Among dramas and poetry, one can find there views of Kraków (drawings, sketch-books, oil-paintings, pastel drawings), portraits and self-portraits, designs of stained glass windows and paintings, illustrations, graphic art, plans of furniture and interiors, development of Wawel.

More about Stanisław Wyspiański...

The church of San Fermo Maggiore in Verona is a church that consists of two churches. The lower church was built in years 1065–1143 by Benedictines in the Romanesque style. It retained its original form from 1065 on the Latin cross plan as a three-nave structure.

The upper church was built by Franciscans in the Gothic style in the years 1261–1350. The facade, completed around 1350, is a combination of both styles. In the following centuries it was rebuilt and equipped. The belfry was not completed until 13th century, it has six bells cast in 1755.

The church of San Fermo is a sophisticated example of the Gothic style that became popular in Italy through the Franciscans.

In the presbytery, in the ancient sarcophagus under the main altar, there are relics of Saints Fermo and Rustico.

The twelve-sided pulpit made of red Verona marble is noteworthy.

-

Kościół San Fermo Maggiore w Weronie to kościół, który składa się z dwóch kościołów. Kościół dolny był wybudowany w latach 1065–1143 przez benedyktynów w stylu romańskim. Zachował swoją pierwotną formę z 1065 roku na planie krzyża łacińskiego, jako założenie trzynawowe.

Kościół górny zbudowali franciszkanie w stylu gotyckim w latach 1261–1350. Fasada, ukończona około roku 1350, stanowi połączenie obu stylów. W kolejnych wiekach był on przebudowywany i wyposażany. Dzwonnica została ukończona dopiero w XIII wieku, posiada sześć dzwonów odlanych w 1755 roku.

Kościół San Fermo stanowi wyrafinowany przykład stylu gotyckiego, który upowszechnił się we Włoszech za pośrednictwem franciszkanów.

W prezbiterium, w antycznym sarkofagu pod głównym ołtarzem, znajdują się relikwie świętych Fermo i Rustico.

Godna uwagi jest dwunastokątna ambona wykonana 1396 roku z czerwonego werońskiego marmuru.

The church of San Fermo Maggiore in Verona is a church that consists of two churches. The lower church was built in years 1065–1143 by Benedictines in the Romanesque style. It retained its original form from 1065 on the Latin cross plan as a three-nave structure.

The upper church was built by Franciscans in the Gothic style in the years 1261–1350. The facade, completed around 1350, is a combination of both styles. In the following centuries it was rebuilt and equipped. The belfry was not completed until 13th century, it has six bells cast in 1755.

The church of San Fermo is a sophisticated example of the Gothic style that became popular in Italy through the Franciscans.

In the presbytery, in the ancient sarcophagus under the main altar, there are relics of Saints Fermo and Rustico.

The twelve-sided pulpit made of red Verona marble is noteworthy.

-

Kościół San Fermo Maggiore w Weronie to kościół, który składa się z dwóch kościołów. Kościół dolny był wybudowany w latach 1065–1143 przez benedyktynów w stylu romańskim. Zachował swoją pierwotną formę z 1065 roku na planie krzyża łacińskiego, jako założenie trzynawowe.

Kościół górny zbudowali franciszkanie w stylu gotyckim w latach 1261–1350. Fasada, ukończona około roku 1350, stanowi połączenie obu stylów. W kolejnych wiekach był on przebudowywany i wyposażany. Dzwonnica została ukończona dopiero w XIII wieku, posiada sześć dzwonów odlanych w 1755 roku.

Kościół San Fermo stanowi wyrafinowany przykład stylu gotyckiego, który upowszechnił się we Włoszech za pośrednictwem franciszkanów.

W prezbiterium, w antycznym sarkofagu pod głównym ołtarzem, znajdują się relikwie świętych Fermo i Rustico.

Godna uwagi jest dwunastokątna ambona wykonana 1396 roku z czerwonego werońskiego marmuru.

The church of San Fermo Maggiore in Verona is a church that consists of two churches. The lower church was built in years 1065–1143 by Benedictines in the Romanesque style. It retained its original form from 1065 on the Latin cross plan as a three-nave structure.

The upper church was built by Franciscans in the Gothic style in the years 1261–1350. The facade, completed around 1350, is a combination of both styles. In the following centuries it was rebuilt and equipped. The belfry was not completed until 13th century, it has six bells cast in 1755.

The church of San Fermo is a sophisticated example of the Gothic style that became popular in Italy through the Franciscans.

In the presbytery, in the ancient sarcophagus under the main altar, there are relics of Saints Fermo and Rustico.

The twelve-sided pulpit made of red Verona marble is noteworthy.

-

Kościół San Fermo Maggiore w Weronie to kościół, który składa się z dwóch kościołów. Kościół dolny był wybudowany w latach 1065–1143 przez benedyktynów w stylu romańskim. Zachował swoją pierwotną formę z 1065 roku na planie krzyża łacińskiego, jako założenie trzynawowe.

Kościół górny zbudowali franciszkanie w stylu gotyckim w latach 1261–1350. Fasada, ukończona około roku 1350, stanowi połączenie obu stylów. W kolejnych wiekach był on przebudowywany i wyposażany. Dzwonnica została ukończona dopiero w XIII wieku, posiada sześć dzwonów odlanych w 1755 roku.

Kościół San Fermo stanowi wyrafinowany przykład stylu gotyckiego, który upowszechnił się we Włoszech za pośrednictwem franciszkanów.

W prezbiterium, w antycznym sarkofagu pod głównym ołtarzem, znajdują się relikwie świętych Fermo i Rustico.

Godna uwagi jest dwunastokątna ambona wykonana 1396 roku z czerwonego werońskiego marmuru.

View on the monastery Zakon Braci Mniejszych Konwentualnych - OFMConv (Franciszkanie Konwentualni)

Stained glass showing Blessed Salomea (the cloisters of Monastery of Franciscans at Franciszkańska Street in Kraków).

 

The Franciscan Church and Monastery was founded by Duke Henry the Pious for monks coming from Prague. A single-nave Greek cruciform church was constructed in 1269, a sacristy, side chapels and cloisters being added on later.

królewskie miasto Kraków

Taken by NR

 

ポーランド、カリシュ市のフランチシュカンスカ通り。

 

Church: Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa w Kaliszu (Church of St. Stanislas the Bishop in Kalisz). Known as Kościół franciszkański / Franciscan Church.

Built in years: 1257-1283?, 1339, 1599-1632(by Albin Fontana), ...

 

向こうに見えるのは聖スタニスワフ司教教会。通称 フランシスコ会教会。(ローマカトリック教会)

 

Cf. Soborewski, Piotr 2015, Wszystkie drogi prowadzą do... Kalisza: Przewodnik turystyczny, Kalisz: EDYTOR, pp. 167-169; [and] www.kalisz.franciszkanie.pl/articles.php?article_id=23 [2017.08.11].

 

See also tourist information in English:

regionwielkopolska.pl/en/catalogue-of-attractions/church-... [2017.09.21].

1 3 4 5 6 7 ••• 69 70