View allAll Photos Tagged christmas+recipes
While we were in the Pacific Northwest last year, we ran across a local Mom & Pop distillery that makes Loganberry and Blackberry Liqueur from grapes that are grown at a local winery. After they blend their secret recipe, it rests for a while here to infuse the flavors before distillation. The free sample is all we needed to bring some home.
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your support and friendship over the past year. Have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and festive season everyone!
Flypapers used in processing and a before after and recipe are on the flypaper blog
I'd like to wish those of you that celebrate it a wonderful Christmas and peaceful New Year.
And thanks everyone for your continued friendship and support over the past year.
PS. I've just added a Christmas story and recipe to my Blog
I don't use sherry as can't stand it. Instead, I use Bacardi Oakheart. But you could make sans alcohol or with any you like. Bailey's Chocolate Orange would probably be amazing as would Cherry Southern Comfort or Cointreau.
Wishing you all a joyous and peaceful Christmas and festive season.
....and thank everyone for your support and friendship over the past year.
I thought these red currants looked a little like Christmas baubles, had to hunt to find a bunch that included ripe berries as the birds have been having an early Christmas dinner :-)
Flypaper processing, recipe will be coming to the flypaper blog soon (with luck).
THANK YOU everyone for your visits, comments and favs!
I appreciate your invites and awards very much!
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Use without permission is illegal.
I baked a loaf of Pumpkin Bread and over 9 dozen Christmas cookies this year and places these on a Christmas plate dated 1974 from my in-laws.
The cookies included Cherry Winks, Spritz, Chocolate Chip, M&M, Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Kiss Cherry Cookies.
In the background is my miniature Christmas tea set on placemat and napkins that hubby quilted.
This is the recipe for that one (it doesn't require any eggs) :
• Chocolate Kiss Cherry Cookies
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Liquid
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
4 Drops red food coloring
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped
48 Milk Chocolate Candy Kisses
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid, extract and food coloring in a mixing bowl.
Add flour and salt.
Stir in the cherries.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and press a candy kiss into the top of each cookie.
YIELD: 48 cookies
Pavlova with pomegranate and cardamom syrup
Story and recipe on my blog: www.oggipanesalamedomani.it/2012/12/21/pavlova-alla-melag...
I didn't have any red gumdrops in this one so I made some more but didn't get time to take photos because my visitors arrived and we have been busy socializing.
It is SNOWING!!! we have had about 8 inches of fuffy wet snow in the past 4 hours...so pretty!!
spreading Christmas cheer... a stack of Taste of Home magazines on my sister's coffee table. She has post its marking the recipes she wants to try.. I'll be back in a few days. ;-)
Christmas tree decorating still in progress but I liked how the lights were reflecting pretty colors.
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Use without permission is illegal.
I have been baking these Cherry Wink cookies for many years now as they are a family favorite.
Please view in lightbox ~
2 2/3 cups Corn Flakes cereal
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
1 cup chopped nuts *
1 cup finely cut, pitted dates *
1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
15 maraschino cherries, cut into quarters
• * optional
Measure Corn Flakes cereal and crush into 1 1/3 cups.
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Stir in milk and vanilla.
Add flour mixture gradually.
Mix until well combined.
Stir in chopped nuts, dates and cherries.
Portion dough using level measuring tablespoon.
Shape into balls.
Roll in crushed Corn Flakes cereal.
Place about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
Top each with a cherry quarter.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove immediately from baking sheets.
Cool on wire racks.
YIELD: 5 dozen.
Recipes from JuliasAlbum.com: Easy chocolate cookies with sprinkles - Christmas cookies
Although it is only mid-November, is never too early to start preparing for Christmas.
Recipe and story on my blog: Food and Life in photos
Recipe - the same as here www.flickr.com/photos/mariagordiy/10094716006/in/set-7215...
Merry (almost) Christmas!!
My last photo of my 25 Days project until Christmas/ Mi última foto de mi proyecto de 25 días hasta Navidad
FELIZ NAVIDAD A TODOS!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
BUON NATALE A TUTTI!
1. Noche buena [01/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 2. With all my heart... [02/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 3. SOON! [03/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 4. The Whos of Whoville [04/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 5. Xtmas, it's practically here! [05/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 6. It's Cold Outside [06/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 7. Backstage [07/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 8. Details [08/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 9. Christmas Blur-keh [09/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 10. Sweet Red Stripes [10/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 11. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer [11/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 12. When You Wish Upon a Star [12/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 13. He's a very Special Bear [13/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 14. Merry Christmas [14/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 15. Angel Guardian [15/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 16. Y - Yo.................. [16/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 17. Frosty the Snowman [17/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 18. [18/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 19. Coca-Cola [19/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 20. Spirit of Christmas [20/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 21. Ginger's Cinnamon Cookies Recipe [21/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 22. Sweet Candy Canes [22/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 23. Rita's Snowman [23/25] Countdown to Christmas!, 24. Shining [24/25] countdown to Christmas!
All my pictures are under ©Copyright and all Rights Reserved
Please don't use my pictures without my absolute permission.
Recipe and story on my blog: www.oggipanesalamedomani.it/2012/12/21/pavlova-alla-melag...
Individually baked layers to symbolize the rings of a tree trunk. With a subtle hint of vanilla and a rich Chocolate Coating. Perfect for Christmas or story time!
... to smell a lot like christmas.
but it didn't taste very good...
wanna try it for yourself?
happy december 1st and advent 1st!
december 1, 2013
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated gingerbread cookies
1/2 cup ready-to-spread frosting
100 red cinnamon candies or other small red candies
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove half of cookie dough from wrapper; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
2. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of flour onto work surface; coat sides of half of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking. With floured 2 1/2- to 3-inch gingerbread boy or girl cutter, cut out dough boys or girls. Gently brush excess flour from shapes; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks. Cool completely. Place icing in piping bag, decorate with icing and candies for eyes and buttons, as desired.
Paul and I have made our Gingerbread House for Christmas again this year. If you would like the recipe and "how to" please pop over to the blog
11 Dicembre - #Calendario dell'#Avvento
... .... ...
"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" ~ Judy Garland
Recipe ~ Orange Pecan Squares
Some Christmas wishes for you all. Christmas is ultimately about giving. We are meant to be presents given away to each other. Jesus puts His love inside of us and then we give ourselves away! His love is more pure and generous than any love I could manufacture on my own.
I hope this past year, I have given something of value to you as I have shared my Photoshop recipes and art. I love because He first loved me.
Our Daily Challenge ... festive food.
My pudding recipe was passed down from my husband's Mother. It's really easy and cheap. I suspect it was her Mother's recipe because it reflects the austerity of the war years. It is, however, really delicious and I make a couple each Christmas. One gets consumed almost straight away but one is kept for Christmas Day lunch. Wonderful warmed a little and served with cold custard and dollop of cream.
Dark chocolate with crushed gingerbread cookies, walnuts and raisins.
Recipe here: chocochili.net/2012/12/helppo-joulusuklaa/ (in Finnish)