All Photos Tagged barton816
Taken in the late 1960s, former Barton 816 was already owned by a preservationist, and is pictured on an enthusiasts outing, possibly somewhere in South Yorkshire. There is no information on the slide mount as to the location; could it be Doncaster? Any help in identifying the scene would be of great help.
Barton 816 was Leyland Titan TD4 motorbus that had started life with Cumberland Motor Services in 1936. Numbered 291 in the Cumberland fleet, it received a new low-height body in 1949, which was built by Eastern Coach Works of Lowestoft. In 1959, the bus was acquired by Barton of Chilwell in Nottinghamshire, who ran it in traffic until 1965. Following its withdrawal from service, the bus was purchased from Barton’s for preservation, and having changed hands many times, still exists to this day.