new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
View allAll Photos Tagged barcelona

This is the Aduana building of Barcelona, it is an old customs building constructed in 1902 locate in the Port of Barcelona.

Las Cuatro Columnas son unas columnas exentas con capiteles jónicos, obra del arquitecto Puig i Cadafalch, que se levantaron en 1919 en el lugar que hoy en día ocupa la Fuente Mágica de Montjuic en la ciudad de Barcelona. Fueron derribadas en 1928 por la dictadura de Primo de Rivera, siendo reconstruidas en 2010 a pocos metros de su ubicación original.

English

 

Until 1860, the year in which Barcelona finally broke out from behind its city walls, the city extended no further than the hexagon of the 15th century enclosure ( the present-day Casc Antic) that lies between these streets: the Rondes de Sant Pau, de Sant Antoni, d'Universitat, and de Sant Pere, the Passeig de Lluís Companys, the Avinguda Marquès de l'Argentera, which continues as the Passeig Colom, and the Avinguda del Paral.lel. The only wide street at the heart of the city was La Rambla, an old stream whose name derives from the Arabic "ramla" meaning "sandy ground".

Until the beginning of the 18th century La Rambla consisted merely of a path beside a stream running between convents on one side and the old city walls on the other. It was in 1704 that the first houses were put up at the Boqueria on the site of the old city walls and the first trees were planted. In 1775 the old city walls by the Drassanes medieval shipyards were demolished, and toward the end of the 18th century the street began to be systematically developed: la Rambla became a kind of tree-lined avenue. From upper end, which runs into the Plaça Catalunya, to the lower end below the monument to Columbus, this unique street in fact bears five different names, each describing a section of the street: first, there is La Rambla de Canaletes, a name used by the people of Barcelona because of the Font de les Canaletes fountain, found there since ancient times. Folk tradition has it that anyone who drinks from this fountain will subsequently keep returning to Barcelona. The next section of La Rambla is known as La Rambla dels Estudis, after the mid-15th century building of that name, the Estudi General or Universitat. This university in Barcelona was suppressed by Philip V and the building used as a barracks. In 1843 it was demolished. If you continue down toward the sea you will enter the stretch known as La Rambla de les Flors, the only place in 19th-century Barcelona that flowers were sold and which even today preserves its that old special charm. Next comes La Rambla del Centre, also known as La Rambla dels Caputxins, because of the old house of Capuchin friars there. And finally, there is the stretch of La Rambla called La Rambla de Santa Mònica, giving access to the port, called after the parish church there which previously had been the religious house of the Agustins Descalços (Barefoot Augustinian order).

 

Castellano

 

Hasta 1860, año en que Barcelona rompe el cerco de sus murallas, la ciudad era tan solo el hexágono del recinto del siglo XV, actual Casco Antiguo delimitado por las rondas de Sant Pau, Sant Antoni, Universitat, y Sant Pere, y por el paseo de Lluís Companys, la avenida Marquès de l'Argentera/paseo de Colón y la avenida del Paral·lel (Paralelo). La Rambla, entonces única vía ancha en el corazón de la ciudad era un antiguo torrente que debe su nombre actual a la voz árabe "ramla" que significa "arenal". Hasta comienzos del siglo XVIII la Rambla fue un camino y un torrente bordeado por conventos y murallas. En el año 1704 se comenzaron a levantar casas en el espacio ocupado por las murallas (alrededores de la Boqueria) y se plantaron árboles. En el año 1775 fue derribada la parte de las murallas próxima a las Drassanes (Atarazanas) y, hacia finales del siglo XVIII, se urbanizó la calle y la Rambla quedó convertida en paseo. Desde su comienzo en la parte más alta junto a la plaza de Catalunya hasta su final al pie del monumento a Colón, esta vía singular toma cinco nombres que la caracterizan: así tenemos en primer lugar la llamada rambla de Canaletes (Canaletas), nombre popular que se le da por la fuente de Canaletes, localizada en este punto desde tiempos muy antiguos. Según el dicho popular, el que bebe de esta fuente vuelve siempre a Barcelona. El tramo de rambla que sigue es el llamado rambla dels Estudis (de los Estudios), nombre que le ha sido dado por el edificio construido a mediados del siglo XV: el Estudio General o Universidad. Esta Universidad barcelonesa fue suprimida por Felipe V y el edificio convertido en cuartel. Fue derribado en el año 1843. Continuamos bajando hacia el mar y nos encontramos en la parte conocida como la rambla de les Flors (de las Flores) -también conocida como rambla de Sant Josep (San José), por hallarse en ella el antiguo convento de San José-, único lugar en Barcelona en el siglo XIX en el que se vendían flores y que, en la actualidad, se conserva como paseo, único en el mundo en su género. El tramo siguiente es la rambla del Centre (Centro), también conocida como rambla dels Caputxins (Capuchinos), por el antiguo convento de frailes capuchinos. Finalmente, llegamos al último tramo de La Rambla, el conocido como rambla de Santa Mónica, vestíbulo del puerto, donde se levanta la parroquia que le da nombre y que fue, en su tiempo, convento de los Agustinos Descalzos.

 

In Wordpress In Blogger photo.net/photos/Reinante/ In Onexposure

Camp nou. Barcelona VS Getafe. Sun

Barcelona i el Baix Llobregat

HSS! and Happy Valentines Day! this shot was taken from the balcony of our hotel across the street from Barcelona Cathedral. This violinist had recordings that he would play along with and the sounds would waft through the air up to our balcony. He was very talented and came to play every day we were there.

Barcelona Port may 2019

Barcelona may 2019

Original negativo B/N Reproducido con Reflecta x7 Scan

 

ecampop.blogspot.cl/

Blaue Stunde im Hafen von Barcelona

1 3 4 5 6 7 ••• 79 80