new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Lighthouse | by Terry Hassan
Back to photostream

Lighthouse

The Europa Point Lighthouse was built by Governor Sir Alexander Woodford between 1838 and 1841. It was fully automated in February 1994 and its loom can be seen over a distance of 27 km (17 mi). It is the southernmost lighthouse for which Trinity House is responsible, and the only one outside the UK.

462 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on July 4, 2012