Jessup Lodge (Former)
The Jessup Lodge was destroyed by the 2013 September flood, and was torn down in early May, 2014 to enable forward progress. All of us will miss this grand building, having hosted so many glorious events.

(Photos by Four Feathers Photography)

===

The former Jessup Lodge was remodeled in 1985 from the original 1920s Neville Lodge which was built on the 1800’s homestead of the first settler, William Alexander. A wall of his dugout was uncovered in April, 2014.

The Red Ridge and Green Ridge Rooms were designed by Maurice Jessup and constructed by neighbor Steve Coleman of Beisner Construction Company. Its vaulted timbered ceiling and decks over-looking the Big Thompson River enhanced the creative thinking of good folks who gathered for meetings.

The Antique Dining Room with its river-rock fireplaces and the upstairs two-bedroom lodging unit called The Big Thompson Suite were part of the original 1920’s structure as was “The Big Kitchen” that provided wholesome abundant meals crafted with love by Sylvan Dale staff. The aroma of Mayme (“Tillie”) Jessup’s baking always preceeded the sound of the breakfast bell, and the Heart-J burger cookouts on the River Porch were a favorite by guests and staff alike.

Antique treasures from Tillie’s kitchen decorated the window sills in the dining room and the Heart Rocks that had been found on the Ranch surrounded the photo of Maurice and Tillie Jessup on the old coal range.

The memories created within its walls will linger. The vibration warmth and love that remains will gently surround those who come with a sense of well being forever part of the Magic of Sylvan Dale.

Written by Susan Jessup
25 photos · 1,578 views