UAV over Pakistan
The next generation of American UAV on display at the Farnborough Air Show.
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) is an unpiloted aircraft. UAVs can be remote controlled or fly autonomously based on pre-programmed flight plans or more complex dynamic automation systems. UAVs are currently used in a number of military roles, including reconnaissance and attack.
On Tuesday September 24th 2008 "A pilotless spy plane, we believe it is US, crashed in Pakistani territory but it did not disintegrate. Tribesmen picked it up and then Pakistani security forces retrieved it," a senior Pakistani security official told AFP.
The Pentagon said it had no report of any crash, while the CIA declined to comment. "We have no reports of any loss of DoD (Department of Defense) drones," said Lieutenant Colonel Mark Wright.
This photo is in 5 groups
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,304 items
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 542,174 items
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 490,681 items
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,294 items
- Sublime Selections (invite only)- post 1 comment 2 4,583 items
This photo is in 1 album
- Bits & Bobs 405 items