Homemade sardine puffs
I made these this afternoon as a tasty treat for my husband and the in-laws! I guess you could also call them mini empanadas.
1. Sautee onion and garlic in some olive oil until softened
2. Add in one can of sardines including its tomato sauce.
3. Use ladel to smash up the fish into small bits.
4. Add salt, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar.
5. Allow to simmer until thick consistency.
6. Let cool.
1. I used Pillsbury pie crust and an empanada mold. Easy and quick!
2. After filling and closing the puff, brush on some egg wash.
1. Pre-heat oven at 350F
2. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
3. Cool and serve!
All portions are entirely up to you. I usually use a small can of Iberia sardines in hot tomato sauce though.