After the last note
A residence has been on the site of the current manor since as early as the 15th century - perhaps earlier. It was once the residence of the famous English wordsmith John Milton. The current manor was rebuilt in 1848. Unfortunately, It has been abandoned since 1987 and is now protected by an angry shotgun welding farmer and an adolescent bull.