New Market . Kolkata
New Market’s growth kept pace with the city’s urbanization endeavors until World War II. The northern portion of the market came up in 1909 at an expense of 6 lakh rupees. Finally, beneath the gathering clouds of World War II, an extension on the south flanks was engineered. A finale to these structural expansions in the 1930s was the installation of New Market’s historic clock-tower.
Tokina 11-16mm Lens .
© 2012 Subhro Ganguly Photography