The Icy Pit to Hell
This is Gulfoss, the frozen waterfall in Iceland (not 100% on the Geotag, but it is a well-known spot in the area).
Dark age theologians used to believe this was the entrance to hell, which was originally a cold place; the innermost circle of Dante's version was frozen. True believers would come here and cast themselves down into the chasm to try to rescue souls they were told had gone to hell.
It's hard to describe how slippery this place is. I guess I could say it's slippery as hell. The ground is already solid ice, and then there is a fine mist from the waterfall that forms tiny little perfect spheres on top that somehow take friction into a negative physics impossibility.
from my daily photo blog at www.stuckincustoms.com
This photo is in 20 groups
- Stuck On Earth Community 112,308 items
- Sgt. Peppers AMAZING IMAGES Club Band (Invited images Only) 14,573 items
- Museo de Fotos 21,398 items
- 1PocodMusica...y Muchas Fotos!! (post 1 and coment 1) 45,125 items
- ***•*´¨*Just Passing Our Time - P1-A1 [moderated] [no nudes] 95,912 items
- The world most beautiful places 470 items