A Snowy Night at the Kiev Opera House
If you want to see how I made this (and how you can too!), visit my HDR Tutorial. I hope it gives you some new tricks!
The Eastern Bloc countries always held a certain mystique to me. Since I grew up during the cold war, I've thought going anywhere near the USSR would be like a Star Trek redshirt visiting the Klingon capitol. Kiev, of course, by this time is a much friendlier place to visit. It still held a lot of the old imposing Soviet architecture that made you feel like you are always being watched by a government official. When I would set up to take photos, I noticed many a suspicious eye looking in my direction, as if, perhaps, maybe I was a government official posing as a photographer.
It was quite icy and snowy in Kiev that night. I walked up near the opera house and found this shot. The blue lights inside along with the old Soviet car out front gave it all a very cool feeling.
from my daily photo blog at www.stuckincustoms.com
This photo is in 22 groups
- Coches - Cars 324,005 items
- Lights in the Darkness - The best Night Shots 20,549 items
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 336,662 items
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 98,037 items
- 100 + Viewed Best Architecture Photos (add 1, award 1) 33,081 items
- Catedrales de la música 1,515 items