The Altingsburg lighthouse in living color, Kuala Selangor
A three-image Auto Exposure Bracketing composite, spaced at 2EV apart, taken with a Canon PowerShot G11 supported by a monopod.
The above historical Altingsburg lighthouse goes way back to 1907 during the British Colonial era. The one in the picture replaced the original structure which was built by the Dutch two centuries earlier and is a fully functioning lighthouse with a modern lamp.
It was named after Willem Arnold Alting, the Dutch governor-general who served the Dutch East Indies company from 1780 to 1797. Nobody knows how the original lighthouse actually looked like before it was rebuilt.
Lighthouses in Malaysia are generally restricted areas and are not open to the public, unless written permission from the local authorities is granted first.