A Walk On The Bokeh Side - Just to Brighten up a Thingamijiggy Thursday (No. 10)
Now I read somewhere recently, that the word Bokeh, is a Japanese word which also means a few other things besides blur. One of those meanings is "mental haze" or" slight dementia"...
So, should any of you be showing minor signs of even 1 of the following 10 behavioural traits, in attempting to get "the shot", you may well have cause for concern.
1) Do you behave in a distracted manner while others are talking to you, as you gaze around gauging the potential for a shot in your surroundings?
2) Do you wander about aimlessly with your camera/s firmly attached to some part of your body hoping to see something that is photo-worthy?
3) Or do you find yourself at times feeling desperate with a wild look to you when you don't, and inevitably go home feeling frustrated?
4) Have you found yourself recently hiding in bushes/alleyways/dustbins/ behind trees etc?
5) Are you comfortable lying on the ground in busy streets/malls/train-stations/ office foyers etc., with your camera?
6) Can you hear people closing their doors as you walk down the street – some even calling their children into the house?
7) Has your company locked the door to the roof of your office building?
8) If you see another photographer taking a pic, do you involuntarily reach for your own camera/s in-case you see what he/she does?
9) Are you unable to walk past a camera shop without stopping or do you even sometimes have to go back for a second look?
10) How many fingers am I holding up now? No. Put your camera away....immediately! Sorry, that was a trick question! (Did you get the pic?????)
The photographic bug, when it bites, it's for real!
As Rich (Coollessons 2004) wrote the other day, “Have Camera. Will Click” I would only add, “No Cure” :-D
I guess that kind of sums it all up quite nicely, don't you? ;-))))
HTT!! Have a great day!