new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Untitled #189 | by stefano cipriani
Back to photostream

Untitled #189

Via di S. Eustachio, Rome. Two columns coming from the Thermae (built in 62 a.C. by Emperor Nero and later restored by Emperor Alessandro Severo in 227 a.C), are standing very close to the building's side façade. Two more columns of the same origin were used in 1666 to replace two missing columns in the nearby Pantheon pronaos.

270 views
8 faves
17 comments
Taken on July 15, 2009