The previous Bloodhound build album was getting quite large so I've started a fresh one for the living, fire breathing car.

Week one at Newquay airport was tie-down tests, We literally tethered the car to the floor with a big steel cable and put the engine at full power - an amazing thing to witness.

Week two was the start of the dynamic tests - actually running the car up and down a taxi way. The first goal was to check everything worked - suspension steering, electronics etc - and most importantly, to bed the carbon brakes in!

Week three saw the speeds climb higher as we got our first runs on the runway itself.

Week four saw the addition of the fin and two final runs before the public demonstrations began.
333 photos · 1,477 views
1 3 4