Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad Baggage RPO #35
N0. 35 was originally built in 1906 as baggage car #42 at the Ma & Pa's shops in Baltimore. In 1942 a Railway Post Office compartment was installed and the car was renumbered to #35.

Baggage RPO #35 carried milk, mail, newspapers, express, packages, and baggage between York, Pennsylvania and Baltimore, Maryland. Its short 50 1/2 foot length was dictated by the Ma & Pa's sharp curves. #35 worked another 12 years before the Ma & Pa discontinued passenger service.

Upon her retirement in 1954 she was donated to the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum. Today #35 can be seen on display in the historic round house and her interior is open for public viewing.
140 photos · 561 views