Mackay State School taken from the north, ca. 1873
Photographer: William Boag
Location: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Description: The original building was a rectangular structure 41ft by 18ft built in 1871 by Edward Theophilus Cross, and opened on 11th December 1871. The headmaster's residence built at the same time was on the corner of Alfred and Nelson Streets (Information taken from original research by Berenice Wright of Mackay).
View this image at the State Library of Queensland: hdl.handle.net/10462/deriv/83500
Information about State Library of Queensland’s collection: www.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/picture-queensland