- "Well actually, it started out as a wart on my trunk !" - Rod Wilkinson
- A nice rule of thumb (or, rather, 'rule of ear') to differentiate between the two types of pachyderm...
The ear of the Indian elephant resembles a map of India.
And the African elephant's ear is larger, and looks like the map of Africa. Without Madagascar, of course. - royblumenthal
- Her face is great!
Very scared and excited! - Ashley Shea
- nice texture - Robert Davism
- the elephant is looking straight at teh camera. posing alsmost? - m.yarnell
- there is a tiger just off screen ... O_o' - sjonsvenson
Film star Helen Twelvetrees on an elephant, Taronga Park Zoo, Sydney, 1936-7 / Sam Hood
← previous photo
→ next photo
L view in light box
< scroll film strip left
> scroll film strip right
? show all shortcuts