Z Ward
The "Z Ward" at Parkside Lunatic Asylum (later Glenside Hospital) was built in 1885. It housed patients who were deemed to be criminally or mentally insane.

These plans were used by the Architect-in-Chief's Department in their construction and renovation of the Z Ward.

The ward closed in 1973.

SRSA reference: GRG38/64 Transfer 499, pad 12
16 photos · 2,414 views