* 1 1/8 cups of flour (185 grams)
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon of salt
* 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (113.4 grams)
* 6 tablespoons of light brown sugar
* 6 tablespoons of white sugar
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* 1 large egg
* 6 ounces of chocolate chips - semi-sweet
* 1/2 cup of nuts - optional
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a small bowl large egg with vanilla and set aside.
In a large bowl, blend together softened butter, white sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Mix in the egg and vanilla and blend well. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips (and nuts).
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
Cut the cookie dough into 12 even cubes.
Roll each cube into a ball and place on a 14 by 15 inch cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 17-19 minutes or until golden.
Let the cookies rest 2-3 minutes before removing from the tray onto a cooling rack.
Makes 12 cookies.