Tex Mex Cheese Burgers
* 1 pound of lean ground beef
* 1/3 cup of onions - minced
* 1 tablespoon of ketchup
* 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
* 4 ounces of shredded Mexican cheese blend
* 1/3 teaspoon of salt
* 1/3 teaspoon of ground pepper
* 4 hamburger buns - toasted
* 2 leaves of lettuce
* 1 tomato
* 1/2 cup of sour cream
* 1/3 cup of ketchup
* 1 can of chopped green chilies (4 1/2 ounces)
* 1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce (optional)
Mix together the ground beef, minced onions, ketchup, chili powder, shredded cheese, and the salt and pepper.
Shape into four patties.
In a non-stick, pre-heated frying pan, set to medium high heat, fry the burgers for 4 minutes on each side.
Serve on a toasted roll with Tex-Mex Burger sauce.
Tex-Mex Burger Sauce
Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes 1 cup
Adapted from: Recipezaar