The Holderness Hall, a large 2,000 seat cinema opened in 1912. Entrance to the marble lined foyers and three cafe / tea-rooms in the luxurious building was to the right of the building, between the two towers. It was taken over in 1931 and eventually renamed by Gaumont and closed in 1959, by which time seating had been reduced to 1,850, to become the Majestic Dance Hall. This too closed in favour of bingo in 1965 and the theatre ended its days as the Witham Furniture Centre. It was demolished around 2004.
More history here:
Hull Holderness / Gaumont / Majestic, a scanned negative originally taken in 1992.