Before the building of the Leicester Square Odeon, the Odeon Haverstock Hill (Belsize Park) was the flagship of the circuit. It was a 1544 seater stadium style cinema in a very opulent style. It closed in 1972 and the cinema was demolished, leaving the adjacent parade of shops and some of the faiance tiling, and replaced by a supermarket. Alongside, with an entrance through one of the former Odeon Shops, the Screen on the Hill was constructed. In 2008 this was renamed Everyman.
Belsize Park, London, April 2009