Julius Shulman Photos, 1950s and 1977
Photographs of Baldwin Hills Village (the Village Green), a National Historic Landmark community in Los Angeles. Baldwin Hills Village opened in 1941. These photos show the village in the 1950's, and again in the 1970's during the conversion to condominiums. Also shown are the adjacent shopping center and movie theatre, which are part of the original design. Designed by Reginald D. Johnson, with Robert Alexander (Neutra's partner shortly thereafter), Merrill and Wilson, with Clarence Stein (consulting architect).
39 photos · 2,916 views