44614 Nevada City Music Hall
This Music Hall building was built as the "Recreation Hall" at Canyon Lodge in Yellowstone National Park, about 1910. It was disassembled in 1959 and moved to this site.
The Music Hall now contains perhaps the world's largest collection of band organs and music machines left on public display. The largest organs are mostly Gavioli organs, made in Paris in the 1890's. There are also three Wurlitzer band organs, a Wurlitzer theatre organ, and several piano-based machines, as well as other circa-1900 arcade machines. The piano-based machines, include two violin players, were mostly built in Chicago circa-1911 - 1920's and shipped to Butte, where they were purchased by Charles Bovey in the late 1940's and are considered by collectors to be in remarkable condition.