Witley Court, Grand Entrance Hall
Witley Court in Worcestershire, England is a Grade 1 listed building and was once one of the great houses of the Midlands, but today it is a spectacular ruin after being devastated by fire in 1937. It was built by Thomas Foley in 1655 on the site of a former manor house near Great Witley. Subsequent additions were designed by John Nash in the early 19th century and the Court was subsequently bought by the Dudley family in 1837. The site was acquired in 1953 by its current owners, the Wigington Family of Stratford-upon-Avon, for £20,000, and is in the guardianship of the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, and managed on its behalf by English Heritage since 1984.