Day 13 from Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers e-Course. Textures used include vision and happyheart.
Kim has challenged us to list 10 truths about ourselves, along with a fitting photo.
1. I'm an Appalachian girl with West Virginia roots going back to 1760. I was the first in my family NOT born in West Virginia. This is the cabin built by my 5th great-grandfather, Henry McWhorter, one of the first white settlers of central West Virginia and Revolutionary War veteran. His house dates back to 1793. I'm a rabid West Virginia University sports fan!
2. I got my Master's degree at age 49.
3. I relate to the book, "A Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto" -- I love people but NEED solitude and space to nurture my soul, creativity, and to be present when I am with those I love.
4. Genealogy, along with photography, are gifts I discovered as healing tools through grief after the death of my father.
5. I am VERY random with a mind that is always amusing itself.
6. At age 51, I found my very best friend, my husband, Ed.
7. My stepdog is Bruno, a boxer, who is also the third person in my marriage.
8. I can only tolerate small talk in small doses at a time; I like to go deep and talk about ideas, thoughts, feelings, and faith.
9. I believe that gratitude is a spirtitual discipline.
10. I embrace my relationship with Jesus Christ and am grateful for His faithfulness to me every day.
11. I am the mother of a married daughter, Lydia, and my severely autistic non-verbal son, Caleb (age 23) who profoundly transformed my life beyond anything measureable, and the Mamaw of two grandsons, Elijah (4) and Noah (6).
12. I am NEVER bored. (Okay...I slipped in two extra...bonus!)