Tammy Duckworth v Joe Walsh - h
US Army Black Hawk Helicopter Commander Pilot Lt. Col. Ladda 'Tammy' Duckworth - then CPT - while on combat duty in Iraq, took a direct enemy hit from a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) to her aircraft in 2004, lost both legs, and nearly lost one arm & lost 1/2 her blood in the process. She has over 20 years of uniformed service to our nation, and continues to serve in uniform as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Illinois National Guard.
She's campaigning for the the Illinois 8th Congressional District House of Representatives as a Democrat against...
Joe Walsh, a TEA party movement Republican freshman who has never served one day in uniform, nor has much support by Republican party members.
As well, he has come under scrutiny from within his own party for:
• Lack of Child Support payments (over $100,000 in arrears),
• Tax Liens by IRS & Illinois in '80's & '90's,
• Foreclosure and Eviction,
• Non-Payment for services rendered,
• Lost Driving Privileges from Lapsed Insurance,
• Failure To Appear in Cook County (Illinois) Circuit Court, and was criticized by an independent, non-partisan ethics watchdog organization Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington for Filing Inaccurate Statements on his Financial Disclosure forms and Court Financial Records.
Most recently, in an Elk Grove, IL "town hall" meeting Sunday, July 1, 2012, he made the following remark:
"Understand something about John McCain. His political advisers, day after day, had to take him and almost throw him against a wall and hit him against the head and say, “Senator, you have to let people know you served! You have to talk about what you did!” He didn’t want to do it, wouldn’t do it. Day after day they had to convince him. Finally, he talked a little bit about it, but it was very uncomfortable for him. That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."