I'm insane, but that was sort of fun.
- artichoke filling, egg white wash sealant
- new toy! SOMEONE went to Bowery Kitchen Supply yesterday.
- using the wheel makes it not matter if they're all different sizes, or "rustic" -- heh
- so, about those air bubbles you are supposed to press out but it is of course impossible to get them all out -- they make the pasta float, and floating pasta doesn't want to boil because it's all half in, half out. annoying. we ate it anyway.
- new colander, too. i'm always looking for things that are double-use, so i opted to get us a set of mesh colanders a while back so they could be used for rinsing, straining, and sifting but they're actually quite annoying to clean -- by hand, no less. this is better but now we have FOUR colanders.
- best michael chiarello trick: a little shaker of flour for when you want to roll things out. i keep it in the fridge and it saves much time and energy.