Canary Wharf, London
When West India Dock was redeveloped as part of the regeneration scheme the dock warehouses were kept and refurbished and now form residential accomodation. The Museum of London Docklands and at ground floor restaurants and bars.
Warehouses No. 1 and No. 2, are all that survive of the original nine Georgian warehouses erected on the North Quay of West India Quay by the West India Dock Company to store sugar, rum and coffee – the produce of the slave plantations of the Caribbean. The other warehouses were destroyed during the Second World War in September 1940.