Max Factor Building (1935), 1660 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, California

in 1928 Max Factor (1877-1938) purchased the four story Hollywood Fire & Safe building, which was built by Hollywood pioneer C.E. Toberman in 1913 -- renovation design by theater architect S. Charles Lee (1899-1990) in Regency Deco style completed in 1935 by joining two existing buildings -- rejected design -- Max Factor not only pioneered screen makeup, he actually coined the term "makeup" in 1914 -- building now the Hollywood History Museum and Mel's Drive-In -- the museum has preserved the building's four makeup rooms, one each for blondes, brownettes, brunettes and redheads

2,977 views
3 faves
1 comment
Taken on July 5, 2007