NGC 6888 - Crescent Nebula Revisited
I reworked the data again...
Same starting point - DSS mosaic stack with a slightly different crop. Things done differently:
1. DBE handled somewhat differently - much broader model with specific data samples in the amp glow area.
2. Masked stretch script run about 600 iterations slowly progressing to a median level of .4
3. Robust star masks built for MT following RBA's directions
4. Didn't brighten the resulting stars.
5. Noise reduction mask built on inverse of the image
6. Slight histogram tweak with this mask in place - served to enhance the dark areas and help brighten some of these small stars.
Everything else is the same.
In the end, I really like this image. It has a nice balance of small stars while still letting the nebulosity show up.