Its history goes back to century XI, in which a medieval tower was constructed on the old house of Butrón, founded by Gamíniz Captain on century VIII on the Porch of Gatica, on the rocky place of Ganzorri or Gantzurritz.
In 19th cent. its primitive medieval form was altered. The Marquess of Torrecilla, Don Narciso de Salabert y Pinedo, last proprietor of the ruins of Butrón, with the rents that produced the small villages to him that had in Bizkaia, it commanded to reconstruct the castle with an exotic style, similar to which in Baviera it raised romantic and unfortunate king Luis de Baviera.
Actually it has been bought in auction by a real estate company.
This shot is composed by a mosaic of 4 photos, tone mapped with Artizen HDR Fattal, and "ortonized" with PaintShop Pro.
Best viewed in largest size.
It was #229 in Explore on Jan 19, 2007.
This photo is in 22 groups
- Wonderful photos for the world Pls post 1-comment 3 266,438 items
- Great stock shots 4,589 items
- Castles,Palaces,Manor houses,Cottages - Post 1 Award 2 / Sweeper 33,906 items
- We travel the World 907,413 items
- HDR - Burgen & Schlösser / Castles 972 items
- Castillos y fortificaciones de España 6,898 items